Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wine wine-not...

I think my very first post was about being a wino who says 'why not'. In just over a week's time, Peter, James and I are going to have a reunion of our 'finishing finals' evening. In it's original form, it involved Margaux '94, fine cheese, and candles down by the river in Cambridge. We're just doing it now because we can't wait to do it again, and the 10 year anniversary is too far ahead. I'm just ordering the wine from The Wine Society. Alas Margaux from then is getting on for £100. Too much for a lowly music publisher. But there is a warming thought at ordering really good wine to drink with candles and cheese (and with excellent company); I think I shall go for a Pavillon Rouge (Margaux second growth).

Did anyone say that I could be an alcoholic?

1 comment:

James Lark said...

You omit the real charm of the original event, which is that by the time we started on the hugely decadent bottle of Margaux we were already completely ratted having spent a good eight hours drinking continuously. I hope to be in a better state to appreciate the wine you are in the process of purchasing, more cost-effective though it may be...